Saturday, November 14, 2015

Halloween 2015.

Halloween is so much fun, and I look forward to it every year. It has become especially fun with Ellisyn being a part of it all. I have always enjoyed dressing up for Halloween so it's become even more enjoyable now that I get to dress up Ellisyn, too. Daniel doesn't get overjoyed at the thought of wearing costumes, but he does it for me and for our usual family themes that I think up. It's challenging enough to have to come up with coordinating family costumes, but keeping it super simple for Daniel adds a little more difficulty to it all. 

Now, Ellisyn's costume deserves a little explanation this year. Last spring, I was at my mom's house digging through boxes of old baby clothes destined for D.I. that belonged to me and my two sisters. I came across an almost comical romper with mixed patterns of stripes and flowers of all different colors that I actually got my two year old photos professionally taken in. I held it up and excitedly exclaimed that it would be a perfect clown costume for Halloween. My mom laughed it off, but I actually took it home and saved it for nearly six months before pulling it out in October. I got paired it with mismatch bows, yellow converse, and a cute painted face for the most adorable, and original, clown costume. Ellisyn loved it and loved telling everyone that she was a clown! As for me and Daniel, I decided to go with "the Spicer family circus" theme. I was a lion while Daniel was our circus ringleader. It all turned out better than even I expected. I think it was a hit, and I packed it all away so we can reuse it in the future!




It seems like each year there are more and more Halloween activities to attend. This year was no different. We went to The Treehouse Daycare's trunk-or-treat, our ward trunk-or-treat, and we went trick-or-treating at Idaho Central with Grandma and Grandpa Spicer, Aunt Jenilee, and Kyle. Ellisyn got so much candy that she couldn't even hold her own bucket! 



Actual Halloween day was filled with endless fun and candy. We took Ellisyn to Costa Vida in her costume so she could take advantage of their free kid's meal promotion. After lunch, we went with the Spicer crew to Outer Limits where Ellisyn got to play on the big jungle gym toy and earn some tickets at the arcade. Outer Limits was followed by a delicious soup and chili dinner at Hollie and Brandon's house. We ate dinner, put on our costumes, and went up to my parents house to do some trick-or-treating. Ellisyn was in heaven. She loved being around all of her favorite people all day, she loved all the treats,  and she loved all the costumes. Ellisyn loved following her cousins from door to door and shouting "trick-or-treat" followed by "thank you for the candy"! I might be a little bias, but she was probably the cutest little clown trick-or-treater I've ever seen! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Ellisyn makes life and holidays so much brighter. We had such a memorable Halloween, and we're already prepping for our costumes next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment