Wednesday, August 26, 2009

back to schooooool.

summer has officially ended and school has officially started! i truly love this time of year, and i really look forward to attending school and going back to work. it's only the first week of school and i'm already swamped with things to do! my classes are all math and sciences. each class is going to require lots of studying and hard work, but i think i can handle it! i also went back to work for the after school program again this week at indian hills elementary. it is a blast! i loved seeing my kids again from last year and it's always exciting to meet the new kids. they're all absolutely adorable! the first day of school at after school adventures is always crazy. i was trying to get everything organized and meet each kid. an adorable second grader walked in and introduced himself. i told him my name and explained that we were happy to have him apart of the after school program. he quickly replied, "hhhmm....you're a pretty cute teacher!" me and my co-worker thought it was super funny. later in the day we were taking all of the kids outside to play. i was holding the door open as each kid left the room when this same little second grader turned and said, "thanks, hottie!" hahahaha! it was hilarious! i come home from work every day with silly stories about my kids. they say the funniest things. my job only motivates me even more to succeed in school and become a teacher! here's some pictures from the last week of summer and the after school program last year....









daniel has been gone for seven months today! he has been transferred to a new area called dunkerque. he seems to really enjoy the area and his new companion. i got a letter and some pictures from him yesterday! it sounds like he's really doing great, and having some fun along the way!





1 comment:

  1. COURTNEY! I had no idea that you worked for the after school program! I do that here in Logan too :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete