Thursday, April 18, 2013

We Loved With A Love...

On April 9th, Daniel and I celebrated 730 days, 24 months, or 2 years of marriage! It's amazing how quickly time goes by when you're married to your best friend. I can honestly say it's been the best two years! Marriage has been a whirlwind of love and adventures, but I have a feeling the real adventures are just beginning.


I have to take you back to nearly a month before the big two year anniversary. It was a Sunday, March 10th to be exact. Daniel and I spent our Sunday like every Sunday before it. We went to church, followed by dinner and quality time with family. The sun was shining all afternoon, which was a rare sight to see after such a long, cold winter. We actually got to enjoy the outdoors for a few hours with a walk and some basketball.


We ended the evening by having a little visit with the Sargent crew. It seemed like another wonderfully relaxing Sunday, until something happened that makes this Sunday go down in Spicer history. In two long minutes, we were told our lives would change forever.


That's right, folks. Just call us mommy and daddy, because there's a baby in my belly! I screamed with excitement to Daniel that there were two lines. Daniel came to look for himself, pulled me in for a big hug and exclaimed, "We did it!" 

I went to the doctor two days later and was informed with certainty that my eggo was indeed preggo. Daniel was right, we had done it, and we had done it well. 

When you're given exciting news, it's nearly impossible to keep it to yourself. We were set on waiting several weeks before alerting the grandparents, but the six week mark hit with a bang. Morning sickness (more like all day sickness) had hit me like a tidal wave and we were worried our grand baby hungry mothers would quickly pick up on the growing human inside of me. 

We were able to wait two more weeks until we decided to deliver the tidings of great joy to our families. We decided to tell them with a little surprise in their Easter baskets. Daniel and I fixed a cute plastic basket with candy, soap dispenser, and a "grandma" photo album. The delight and surprise was overwhelming when our mom's opened the albums to find these two photos...



It would only make sense for two shoe lovers like me and Daniel to have shoes with equal sentimental value as our wedding rings. These shoes have been, and continue to be, a part of the most monumental moments of our marriage, including our marriage itself! This ultimately brings us back to the two year anniversary last week. April 9th required taking our annual anniversary photos with photo credit to my dad and sister Jessica. I absolutely love this little tradition. We have already had fun looking at this year's pictures compared to last. We may not have changed a whole lot, but, as Edgar Allen Poe wrote, "We loved with a love that was more than love". I love my dear D-Spice more than ever before, and I can't wait to see what another year of marriage will bring!


Engagements.

Wedding.

One Year Anniversary.

Two Year Anniversary.










1 comment:

  1. Congrats Spicers! We are excited for your new adventure! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete