Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Graduation.


These picture, these memories, and these moments have been a long time coming. Nearly seven years ago, Daniel and I started attending Idaho State University. I was set on becoming a teacher, while Daniel was undecided, and frankly, undetermined on exactly what he wanted his degree to be. Our four-year degree plan was prolonged due to jobs, a baby, a house, and so many other excuses. Accomplishing this long awaited goal was hard. It was really hard. There were many, many tear-filled nights that we contemplated quitting altogether, but we did it with unending encouragement and support from our family and friends! Daniel and I graduated from Idaho State University on May 7th, 2016. Daniel graduated with a degree in Business Management while I graduated with a degree in English Literature. We are so thankful for the opportunities, knowledge, independence, and power an education has given us. It is such a blessing to have the ability to better ourselves through higher education and it was all so worth it.









Daniel's department at Idaho Central surprised us the night before graduation by decorating our front yard. It was so thoughtful, and I think Ellisyn enjoyed it the most!




The college of business had its own private graduation ceremony prior to the school-wide commencement. As I watched Daniel walk across the stage in his cap and gown, I was overwhelmed with emotion. I'm so proud of him. He went to school, worked full time, and fulfilled church callings all while keeping a wife and daughter happy. He really is my superman and I'm so grateful that he has the drive and ambition to provide for me and Ellisyn. 



The day of graduation finally arrived and we were thrilled to have all of our family there to celebrate with us. Uncle Ryan even made sure Ellisyn was prepared with her very own Idaho State swag bag. It was so fun and so special for Daniel and I to graduate together, but it was also exciting because my little sister also got to graduate with us. Following graduation, we had a little party. The theme was "Taco 'Bout a Future". We had a huge Mexican buffet, games, and piƱata. I'm so happy and excited that Daniel and I were able to graduate together and I can't wait to see what our future holds. 





No comments:

Post a Comment