Monday, February 26, 2018

Six Years.

Daniel and I had a wonderful and whirlwind of a year. Our sixth year of marriage was met with so many great memories and one really scary ectopic pregnancy. My ectopic resulted in the removal of my right Fallopian tube, which really put a damper on our hopes of growing our family. I only ovulate every other month now, so the chance of getting pregnant is practically cut in half and the time it could take to get pregnant is essentially doubled.

Once I had recovered from surgery, we immediately continued trying to get pregnant. The months slowly went by as the negative pregnancy tests filled the garbage can. My baby fever was getting more intense and my frustration grew with every passing week, but positivity and hope remained thanks to Daniel. He so easily comforted me and reminded me that things would happen in the Lord's time.

When March rolled around, I had tried to convince myself that I was not going to take a pregnancy test. I didn't want to face the disappointment of another single pink line shouting at me that I wasn't getting that baby I wanted more than anything. However, the morning of March 30th, I felt like the pregnancy tests in my bathroom cupboard were haunting me. I tried to stay occupied with Ellisyn and the sweet little boy I babysat every other Thursday. We did a craft, played games, and ate lunch together before I couldn't wait any longer. I had to know if I was finally pregnant...




While the two kids were distracted playing together, I snuck off to the bathroom to take the dreaded test. I took the test, placed it on the counter, and left the bathroom debating whether I should even go back and look at it.  It's frightening how much emotion a tiny plastic stick with urine on it can create! I paced around the house for the required two minutes that seemed more like twenty. I cautiously crept back towards the test anticipating one line, but secretly hoping for two. I took a quick glance, followed by a disbelieving double take. It was faint, but it was positive! Tears filled my eyes as my hand cupped my mouth in awe. It was happening! I was going to be able to experience the miracle of creating life for the second time! I felt so overwhelmed with love and gratitude to our Heavenly Father! I could hardly wait to share the news with the world, but especially Daniel and Ellisyn. 



The next while was filled with almost unbareable internal excitement. I always have the intention of telling Daniel I'm pregnant in a cute Pinterest worthy way, but I'm obviously too impatient because I quickly resorted to texting him, "I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant!" He was just as surprised and thrilled as me. He quickly came home for his lunch break to see those two beautiful lines for himself. We spent the remainder of the day making plans, scheduling my first appointment, and daydreaming of what our future would look like with a new baby. 

Two days after confirming the very best news, we went with my sister to take our six year anniversary photos. This is one of my most favorite traditions. We take family photos every year around our anniversary, and it is so fun to look back and see how much our family has changed and progressed over the years. This year's pictures are extra special.  Every time I look at them, I think of how excited Daniel and I were about the little pregnancy secret that was still kept between the two of us.  The past six years (and previous four years of dating) have been the best years of my life. Daniel and I have experienced and accomplished so much together. I'm so grateful and proud of the life we've created, and I can't imagine doing all of this without him by my side!
































1 comment:

  1. fake baby ultrasound Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete